Apps Disappeared from iPhone Ultimate Fix
iPhone users depend on the diverse apps that play an important role in their every day life. These apps go hand in hand with education, work, and entertainment. If you are an adoring fan of the iPhone, I’m sure that you can’t resist its allure. But what happens when one day you wake up and notice an awesome app has disappeared from the home screen? It may be a simple game, or an app you rely on everyday. Many people have fallen in this awkward situation, you are not alone!
This mysterious case of missing icons on iPhone is more common then you think. The most common problem seems to be when the user has tried updating the app. The user then tries to re-install the app, but just gets a message stating that this app was already on their device.
This may seem as a minor problem, but this can become quite inconvenient and annoying especially when the user can’t figure out why their apps disappeared from iPhone.
The Cause of the Apps Disappearing on your iPhone
Here are some of the possible causes to why your apps disappeared from iPhone and their solution:
- Upgraded to the latest iOS and that certain app is not supported
- The developer may still be working on updating their app to be compatible with the new iOS. Try reaching out to the app developer directly to figure out what is going on.
- Tried to update an app, but your iPhone is out of space
- Delete some unused apps, random photos or videos. It is always a good idea to transfer photos and videos onto your computer and delete them off the iPhone.
- Check out how much free storage you have by going to settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage
- You will see how much used storage you are holding onto and how much you have available
- To see which apps are using the most of your storage press Manage Storage
- Tried to update an app but the app requires WiFi in order to update due to its size
- Some apps are too large in size to be update via cell phone data. Connect to WiFi and try again
Restore Your Missing Apps
You should be backing up your iPhone via iCloud or through iTunes. All of your apps are backed up to iCloud, so you can always restore them. Check out what you have backed online on iCloud.com.
If the above solution doesn’t work, you should try uninstalling the app. Since you cannot find your missing apps, there are different ways to uninstall them. Just need to follow the steps below:
- Go to settings on your iPhone
- Tap on General
- Now choose Usage
- Find the app disappeared from the list then click on it
- Delete the app you choose
- Access Apple store, re-install the app you need
If you did not find your missing app on there, you can try the following instead:
- On your iPhone, go to the App Store
- Press the Updates tab
- Press the Purchased link and then choose Not on This iPhone
You should be able to reinstall any missing apps that you cannot find on your iPhone from here.