A LOCA remover or a Liquid Optical Clear Adhesive Glue remover is extremely useful when you want to replace your phone’s screen. The main purpose for such a product is to remove LOCA, which is usually the old adhesive that is found between the phone’s glass and LCD. It has to be removed before applying the new screen, as the old LOCA glue will be visible if you don't.
The main action of a LOCA remover is to remove the glue from any surface it is applied to, just like the glue remover used in nail salons removes any old glue residues.
Why do you need a LOCA Remover?
As mentioned before, this is the type of remover used when replacing phone screens. This can be useful in several situations such as:
- You broke your phone’s screen but the rest is still working so you just have to replace the broken glass screen
- You have an old phone, that’s not in use anymore and you want to reuse the screen
- You have an LCD Separator Machine and you occasionally repair your friend’s phone
- You run a phone repair business from home
In any of the situations mentioned above, you’ll need a way to remove the old adhesive from the phone’s screen or frame and a product like SGR LOCA Remover will come in handy.
How to Remove Adhesive from Glass?
In order to remove the old adhesive from the glass and LCD, you first have to prepare for the job.
As precaution measures (this remover is very strong), we recommend a mask and a pair of gloves resistant to this remover’s chemicals. This way, you won’t inhale the fumes nor will the solution touch your skin. This is important, especially if you do glass only repairs a lot.
Keep in mind: this solution is highly flammable so keep away any source of open fire (or sparks).
Now that you are ready to start the process, follow the steps below:
- Place the screen to be treated on a safe surface (something that won’t be damaged by the LOCA remover in case it spills from the screen)
- Using the special tip on the SGR LOCA Remover product, apply the solution to the surface you want to be cleaned.
- Let it sit for a few minutes
- Using the blade that comes in the package, shave the old glue from the screen
- If it’s a particularly difficult glue, you can apply a second layer of remover and repeat the steps above
After all the glue is removed, wipe the screen clean with a clean cloth. This will allow for a clean seal and you’ll get your phone working in no time.
The SGR LOCA remover may seem a bit pricey, but the special tip (for an extra accurate application) and the fast action, are worth every penny. This is a fantastic product and should be in everyone’s repair kit! Check it out on Amazon.
Have you used this product? Let us know how you like it in the comments below!